[TYPO3] Typo3 4.0 Install Problems

Amir M. amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 13 13:01:35 CEST 2006

Christoph Koehler wrote:
> Amir,
>
> Yeah, the 'Update required tables' one. That's all I did. That should
> add  a bunch of versioning fields and remove some dmail stuff. I also
> went to  the update wizard in the install tool and changed the
> compatability  version to 4.0. Then clear FE cache, typo3conf cache and
> everything in  typo3temp from the install tool (except the images,
> unless you are really  just updating from 3.8.0 and not 3.8.1, in which
> case you need to clear  those out, too, all of them, even in the 'clean
> up the database' section).
>

> See above, clear all your caches. You didn't overwrite typo3conf,
> uploads  and fileadmin, did you? It looks like you have a brand new
> DUMMY  installation, unless you never changed the title of the site.
> That should really be all you need to do. You might not see a change in
> the FE, but the backend will tell you the version of course.
>
> Christoph

Thanks for the helpful post Christoph :)

But it seems I just made a fatal mistake from just "trying" as others
suggested.  I pressed import, and selected the tables, and now I lost
the whole database and all its data.  I had exported a backup of the
database before I tried this, but now there seems to be problems when I
try to restore the backup.  So I completely lost my website that I spent
2 years on.  I hope my host has a website backup...  but this is what
you get from just "trying" I suppose... :-/