[TYPO3] Typo3 4.0 Install Problems

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 15:40:29 CEST 2006

Amir,

> Chose the first "compare"?  But what about the "Import"?

Yeah, the 'Update required tables' one. That's all I did. That should add
a bunch of versioning fields and remove some dmail stuff. I also went to
the update wizard in the install tool and changed the compatability
version to 4.0. Then clear FE cache, typo3conf cache and everything in
typo3temp from the install tool (except the images, unless you are really
just updating from 3.8.0 and not 3.8.1, in which case you need to clear
those out, too, all of them, even in the 'clean up the database' section).

> Also, it seems I am having errors already:
>
> www.stratcommandcenter.com/typo4
>
> and when I try to access admin panel I get this:
>
> "Warning:
> fopen(/home/stratcom/public_html/typo4/typo3temp/llxml/misc.xml_7070ef8925.default.iso-8859-1.cache):
> failed to open stream: Permission denied in
> /home/stratcom/public_html/typo4/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php on line 2375
> ERROR: File not written to disk! Write permission error in filesystem?"

See above, clear all your caches. You didn't overwrite typo3conf, uploads
and fileadmin, did you? It looks like you have a brand new DUMMY
installation, unless you never changed the title of the site.
That should really be all you need to do. You might not see a change in
the FE, but the backend will tell you the version of course.

Christoph