[TYPO3] What does this TS assignment mean: "2 < .1"

Drew Leske dleske at uvic.ca
Tue Jul 11 21:06:54 CEST 2006

I'm so not an expert, but the dot specifies that the value is an object
property.  It's required on the RHS of an operator to denote it as such
rather than a value.

In your example it's written that way instead of the alternative:

   2 < styles.content.columns.1

Drew.

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira wrote:
>     Hi there again, folks,
>
>     I'm looking at some TS templates inside static_templates table
> trying to learn something useful and I came across some lines like this:
>
> 2 < .1
>
>     Could anyone please explain to me what that assignment means? What's
> with the little dot in there? I can't find the explanation in TSRef, TS
> By Example, or any other doc.
>
>     Many thanks!!
>
> Ricardo
>

> PS. I extracted that particular example from "Contents (default)"
> record. I copy part of it below.
>
>   # columns
> styles.content.columns = COLUMNS
> styles.content.columns {
>   1 = CONTENT
>   1 {
>     table = tt_content
>     select.orderBy = sorting
>     select.where = colPos=1
>     select.languageField = sys_language_uid
>   }
>   2 < .1
>   2.select.where = colPos=2
>
>   gapWidth = {$styles.content.columns.gapWidth}
>   gapLineThickness = {$styles.content.columns.gapLineThickness}
>   if.isTrue.numRows < .1
>   if.isTrue.ifEmpty.numRows < .2
>   totalWidth = {$styles.content.columns.totalWidth}
> }

Drew Leske :: Systems Group/Unix, Computing Services, University of Victoria
   dleske at uvic.ca / +1250 472 5055 (office) / +1250 588 4311 (cel)