[TYPO3] SPAM-LOW: Re: Typo3 vs other CMSs

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 19:29:29 CEST 2006

Christoph,

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:11:15 -0500, Christopher <bedlamhotel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Simple answer to your question: TYPO3 is a superb tool for people who,
> for one reason or another, need to build many websites or who have
> their websites build professionally; it is not necessarily a good tool
> for anyone who only needs to build one or very few sites.

I agree with what Christopher said, it's not the right tool for everything.
Templating with TemplaVoila is very easy, every layout you want is
possible.
I just updated to T3 4.0 and uploading the folders took the longest,
followed by updating all my extensions. Upgrade itself worked flawlessly.

RealUrl does take some time getting used to I admit, and TS does, too;
it's worth it in the end though if you need to make more than one site or
use it professionally.

All those features though, wow. That's what got me hooked to T3, it was so
complex I didn't get it, but I wanted to know how to do it. So now things
like making a site really don't take very long anymore; I even copy most
of my TS between sites and customize it then.

There have been many such discussions, you can probably find some
searching on support.typo3.us.

Christoph