[TYPO3] lib vs temp in setup?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Sat Jul 8 19:34:59 CEST 2006

Hi!

Matthew Manderson wrote:
> For example I have historically used temp for everything including menus and
> now I want to challenge why I am doing this. Is it better to store
> everything in lib or stick with temp.
>
> Presumably temp reduces the cache file sizes as these are not stored and so
> improves performance however, by not caching means it needs to be parsed
> again and so reducing performance.

If you use "lib", it will be stored in cache increasing size of the
stored data and requiring more memory on each request. If you do not use
this lib object in other parts of the system (for example, templavoila),
it will be useless but take resources. So "temp" is preferable.

> TSBYEX suggests using temp for general objects yet stdheader is included as
> a lib yet there seems no specific reason why.

Exactly because it can be reused in other parts of the system.

Dmitry.