[TYPO3] Extending Existing Extensions

Benjamin Mack bmack at kirix.com
Thu Jul 6 22:46:55 CEST 2006

Hey,

actually I wouldn't extend tt_products. First of all there are awesome
extensions for this extension out there (or... are they already merged
into tt_products v2?), secondly I think there is a new extension in the
pipe (tt_commerce or something) that is a complete redesign / rethinking
of the old one. So if you have time, check out the wiki about this stuff
and wait for it. If you need to put your hands on tt_products right now,
I would create patches for tt_products and send it to Frank so he can
include it in a new tt_products version rather than create your own
"extension of an extension".

But that's just my two cents.
--
greetings,