[TYPO3] utf-8 problem

Markus Rathmayr mr at onscreen.at
Mon Jul 3 15:08:28 CEST 2006

The following helped:

1) changing all tables and all varchar/char/text columns to utf8

2) using the following wiki-help

TYPO3 Install Tool Options
[setDBinit] String (textarea): Commands to send to database right after
connecting, separated by newline. Ignored by the DBAL extension except
for the 'native' type!

SET CHARACTER SET utf8
SET NAMES utf8
SET SESSION character_set_server=utf8