[TYPO3] utf-8 problem

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Jul 3 13:33:47 CEST 2006

Markus Rathmayr schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> i have to do an import of a product list into typo3. I'd like to do with
> phpmyadmin via text files. the problem ist that the special characters
> in the various languages are either wrong in typo3 surface or in the
> phpmyadmin surface but both are configured to use utf-8.
>
> does anyone have an idea how to import textfiles into mysql via
> phpmyadmin with utf-8 encoding without losing the special characters in
>  typo3?

I always struggle with phpMyAdmin and charsets. It either does a conversion
when I don't want it or vice versa. So I ususally convert the dump via
iconv or recode on the console. And I think that newer Mysql server can do
the conversion automaitcally given the correct CLI arguments and/or infos
in the dump file (see Mysql docs).

Masi