[TYPO3] documentation in general

Martin Kindler kindlerm at arcor.de
Mon Jul 3 12:52:34 CEST 2006

Dave,

I do not think that charging some money would be a solution although I agree
that
I would rather pay for a piece of good, well-documented software than get
the bad, undocumented.
But Typo3 is a good piece of software with a lot of dedicated supporters. If
money would be the problem,
the gurus could write another book, sell it and become either rich or donate
some of the price to the project.

I think it is a problem of project organization. If I look at the Apache
Jakarta projects they seem to make
a better job in providing the necessary environment of docs etc (although
Apache docs tend to be a bit too deep in a technical sense).

The T3 project should set up a set of guidelines and a group of people
enforcing them. If an update to a "core" component (real core or important
extension) is released, there must be appropriate documentation for it,
which has been proof read by other people as the author (I volunteer).
Otherwise it will not be available thru typo3.org.

Martin