[TYPO3] OT: client wants to drop typo. What should I do?

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Fri Jan 27 19:54:40 CET 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 19:37, george wrote:
> I work for a library consortium for 30 public libraries. I've
> been slowly moving their websites to typo over the past two
> years.

Can you give us some links?  I would like to get an idea of the size
and the audience addressed.

> "I want my library's website to be removed from Typo.  I have
> been using and fighting with Typo for years now, and I find it
> harder to use than FrontPage.  I run my other site with FrontPage
> and want to use it for my library's site.  (I know that
> Dreamweaver is what you guys recommend we use, but I can't see
> spending more money on an editor when I have one that comes with
> my Office Suite.)

;-(

> Because of the issues with editing that I have had, I continue to
> wonder if Typo is the right choice to be moving libraries to.  I
> find it confusing, frustrating and cumbersome, though I admit
> that it may be easier for people not used to using other editors.
>  Perhaps it would be easier to have them learn how to edit in the
> WYSIWYG section of Dreamweaver or FrontPage?

Spontaneous questions:  Do they have any idea about testing their
layout with different browsers?  Do they have an idea, how much
effort it might be to take into different browsers?

What about the audience?  Are their any requirements eg. for web
content accessibility?  That is quite hard to achieve, when you
only know little about the underlying technology.

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373