[TYPO3] EXT: htmlArea RTE - Users manual FAQs?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:37:01 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/27/06, Bing Du <du_bing at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Tyler Kraft wrote:
>
> > Bing
> >
> > Go to the extension version you have installed and then look at the
> > files from the extension manager, and in there among all the files for
> > htmlarea you will find the manul for that extension and version, and in
> > it it will have a section called FAQ.
> >
> > hth
> >
> > Ty
> >
> > Bing Du wrote:

> >> Huh? Yes, I'm looking at EXT: htmlArea RTE manual.  But clicking '0.2
> >> Users manual' or any FAQ under it does not go anywhere.  Is it just me
> >> that cannot see the answers?
> >>
> >> Bing
>
> I appreciated your help, Tyler.  But I still have no luck.  I clicked
> the htmlArea RTE link in the extention manager on the backend, then I
> selected 'Edit files' in the dropdown list.  I was able to see all the
> extention files but there is nothing I could see related to FAQ or that
> nature.  I'm not sure if this was the thing you suggested me to do.
> Anyway, I've e-mailed the author of htmlArea RTE to check the status of
>   the document, after all, web is the most straight forward way for
> those who don't have backend access to look for information.

You've misunderstood Tyler's advice. Go to the installed extensions
screen in the Extension Manager. Look for a vaguely document-like icon
in the column labelled 'Docs' in the same row as the extension--that's
the OpenOffice (.sxw) version of the manual.

In addition, you can just download the manual directly from
Typo3.org--go to the manual page and look at the bottom for a red .sxw
icon and the text 'EXT: htmlArea RTE'; it doesn't look like a link,
but it is...

-Christopher