[TYPO3] Adding a keyword into the RealURL address

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Jan 27 08:26:35 CET 2006

Hi!

rodrigo cea wrote:
> "www.lafuga.cl/cine/nameofpage", but I am wary that this might break
> some incoming links. Is there a way to do this and still maintain the
> integrity of existing links?

This can be fixed with mod_rewrite. I am not very good at it, so I do
not want to post untested solution. But it is certanly possible. There
will be rules that directory with such name does not exist and for url
that does not start with "cine". If rules match, url should be
redirected (external redirect!) to "cine" url.

> The DNS has "lafuga.cl" set as a catchall, so anything.lafuga.cl always
> goes to the front page, so I'm thinking of changing the "www" for "cine"
> (so the homepage would be: "cine.lafuga.cl"). How do I configure this?

Probably not good because this is a third level domain.
You do not have to configure it specifically in typo3 BE unless you have
domain records. Only realurl config may need to be changed if you use
site name (not _DEFAULT) in its configuration.

Dmitry.