[TYPO3] Redirection to Login-Page - and back

Steven Bagshaw steven.bagshaw at unv.org
Thu Jan 26 15:16:52 CET 2006

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, what I did instead was on secured pages,
display the contents from another page instead (i.e. the single page that
had a login box on it).

There may be other ways of doing it, but that's how I did it. So, once the
user is logged on, they automatically see the page they were trying to get
into.

Here's a snippet of how I did this from the template...

temp.login < styles.content.get
# 690 is a not in menu page which contains the login box, "click here to
register", instructions etc.
temp.login.select.pidInList = 690

[loginUser = *]
  # just shows a link to "edit profile" and "log out"
[else]
  # NO LOGIN USER - clear out all the template parts we should hide
  my.mainTemplate {
    subparts.BODY_CENTRE_HIGH = TEXT
    subparts.BODY_CENTRE_POST = TEXT
    subparts.BODY_RIGHT = TEXT
    subparts.BODY_FAR_RIGHT = TEXT
    subparts.BREADCRUMBS = TEXT
  }

  #this one contains the login box, as well as the register plugin for new
logins
  my.mainTemplate.subparts.BODY_CENTRE < temp.login
[end]

This might help! Not sure if this is best practice, but it works. :)

Steven

"Daren Thomas" <daren.thomas at pvcomp.ch> wrote in message
news:mailman.8423.1138278973.6406.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
Bugger, so I really do have to dig into typo3 programming. I was hoping
I could avoid that (since this should be a common case). But since we
are at it: I should also publish my solution (once found) so others can
just download the extension.

I allready know how to add the extra parameter (see original post).

Would you like to share your modification to the NewLoginBox extension
code? I would review it and then wrap it up for download from the
extension repository. That would be a great deal of help, since I have
never created a typo3 extension before (but do have  general programming
experience - should pick it up on the way...)

Regards,

Daren Thomas