[TYPO3] itemsProcFunc - selectbox array - howto?

Vincnet cu at vincnet.nl
Thu Jan 26 13:50:40 CET 2006

Hi list,

I want to pass data from a foreign table to a "main" table. The data in
the foreign table can be included from a backend "main" form by a
selectbox. But also the data can be entered from the "main" form. So the
selectlist is not fixed, it's extendible by the content managers just by
adding selectable data on the fly.

My trouble begins where just the UID is passed to the main table. But I
need the value from another field to be passed.

I understand that this is done by a itemsProcFunc (is it?), but since my
PHP is not that good (and my PHP-programmer gave birth yesterday to a
nice little girl so she has other things to do) and I also cannot find
any examples or complete documentation of it, I don't know how to do this.

Can someone get me on the right track? Been trying and searching for at
least 6 hours, so... my hope is on the list;-) An example would be
great, or otherwise some assisance today or tomorrow. You can send me a
bill if necessary (after short negotiations that is).

Some more info:

* the leading table, where all data is collected, is named "programs",
and has a field called "meta_station";
* the foreign table is called "stations", and has a field named
"station_name";
* my purpose is to get the data from "station_name" (and not from "uid")
into "meta_station".

Perhaps you want to know why I want this? The main table might be easier
to search through (on datastrings) and also this main table might be
opened for external situations.

Greetz and thanks,
Vincent