[TYPO3] Plain FCE, getting the content

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Wed Jan 25 10:14:21 CET 2006

Hi!

Martin Koch Andersen wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov skrev:
>
>> Martin Koch Andersen wrote:
>>
>>> How do I from typoscript get the value of the this content element read
>>> into a variable?
>>

>> There is no way to do it with TS for now.
>

> Here:
>

> - you (I think it's you right?) write a conflicting statement:
>
> "I experimented a little bit. It is possible to include FCEs as records.
> In your case TS and CONTENT object should do the trick. You need to put
> instances of those FCEs to a hidden page and select elements from it
> using TS setup to other pages. Make sure hidden page does not select
> into itself..."

No, there is no conflict. I understtod that you want to get value of
field_content to a variable. This is not possible with TS. What you can
do with TS is to render FCE. I.e. you can put single FCE to all pages of
your site. But still you can operate on the whole FCE only, you cannot
get value of a single field.

Dmitry.