[TYPO3] Change the title of a page from TS

Jérémy Lecour jeremy.lecour at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 07:20:02 CET 2006

Hi Christopher, thank you

In fact, the title tag is already changed by a tt_news feature that is
doing exactly what I want. It's dynamically changing the page title
with the current news title.

My problem is that my TS code that is capturing the title value
isexecutted before tt_news changes the value. My <h1>-tag in my html
contains something like "Single news" insead of something like "Next
board meeting in Paris".

I think about 2 leads to adress my issue :
- either I cxan "execute" some TS after tt_news is executed to capture
the _new_ title
- either I can capture the news title ay any time, just like tt_news
is doing (via PHP)

2006/1/23, Christopher <bedlamhotel at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On 1/23/06, Jérémy Lecour <jeremy.lecour at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm sorry if I'm not very clear.
> > I'd like to change the title of the page where I've put the News plugin.
> > The title of the page should become the title of the selected news or
> > the selected category.
> >
> > If I'm not wrong, the TS code that you (kindly) gave to me is changing
> > the title when I'm on the page 12345 with a conditional test. It's not
> > what I'd like to do because every different news is hosted on the same
> > page (with the same id) so I can't make diferences between those news.
> >
> > Thank you still for your answer, maybe it will help somebody else with
> > that variant of the problem.
> >

> Check out config.titleTagFunction [1]. You should probably be able to
> work something out with that...
>
> -Christopher
>
> [1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/quot_CONFIG_quot/

Jérémy Lecour : <mailto:jeremy.lecour at gmail.com>
webdesigner, webmaster et développeur web
Trésorier du PLUG : Provence Linux User Group
http://www.plugfr.org/