[TYPO3] Fileadmin got hacked

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Sun Jan 22 20:24:16 CET 2006

Hi!

Gilles Deacur wrote:
> That's what the prob was.  Somewhere along the line it was set at 777
> for all those files.
>
> However, I now changed it to 664.  They are set for "myusername nobody".
>
> All other directories are set to "myusername myusername" and I can enter
> them with my FTP client, but cannot get into those 4 directories with my
> FTP client.
>
> Also, my Typo3 backend won't load now.  (Or frontend.)  I get this:
>
> /abc/def/ghi/typo3conf/localconf.php is not found!

It looks like web server does NOT run as nobody. Seems like this is a reason why
permissions were set to 777. Does it work if you change permissions back to 777?

> I don't have access to chmod, so any username changes have to be done by
> my host.

So, you need to ask them to do this:
	chown -R yourusername:webservergroupname /abc/def/ghi

Than you can set permissions as I posted earler.

> Yesterday I had my host erase the fileadmin folder and install an old
> version, and I'm sure the chmod and chown wasn't copied.

Depends on their backup method.

Dmitry.