[TYPO3] Fileadmin got hacked

Gilles Deacur tronno22556 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 20:07:16 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Gilles Deacur wrote:
>
>>Permissions were set at 777 set for something like "myusername/nobody".
>

> Nobody - your webserver is probably runs as "nobody". It can also be httpd or
> apache. Check this.
>

>>I did a search for the permissions and couldn't find anything.  Still
>>can't.
>

> User:group should be yourusername:webservergroup. Probably it is already set.
> Permissions for fileadmin should be rw-rw-r (664). Same for uploads, typo3conf,
> typo3temp.
>
> Dmitry.

That's what the prob was.  Somewhere along the line it was set at 777
for all those files.

However, I now changed it to 664.  They are set for "myusername nobody".

All other directories are set to "myusername myusername" and I can enter
them with my FTP client, but cannot get into those 4 directories with my
FTP client.

Also, my Typo3 backend won't load now.  (Or frontend.)  I get this:

/abc/def/ghi/typo3conf/localconf.php is not found!

I don't have access to chmod, so any username changes have to be done by
my host.

Yesterday I had my host erase the fileadmin folder and install an old
version, and I'm sure the chmod and chown wasn't copied.

How do I fix?