[TYPO3] Extension Tip-A-Friend : Can not send HTML format mails

Peter Geldhof peter.geldhof at aventiv.com
Wed Jan 18 17:40:56 CET 2006

Hello,

I have this extension installed and working but do not manage to send
mails in HTML format.

My TYPO3 installation is able to sent html mails, checked this by trying
out the "Send test mail" functionality in the Install tool and sending a
mail as HTML ... comes in nicely as a HTML mail.

The setting in my template of my site is :

plugin.tipafriend.htmlMail = 1

I do not know what else I can configure.  Are there certain
prerequisites for the tipafriend_template.tmpl ?

I discovered that this line of code in the class is never passed and
always the else executed ( = plain text mails )

*************************
if (class_exists($cls) && $this->conf['htmlmail'] &&
$tipData['html_message'])	{	// If htmlmail lib is included, then
generate a nice HTML-email

Because this is what I noticed in my server log :

[client 192.168.68.254] PHP Fatal error:  Class 't3lib_htmlmail' not
found in /var/www/www.nomadisk.com/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php on line
3500, referer: http://gimli.nomadisk.com/index.php?id=28

Any idea how this can be resolved ?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.