[TYPO3] getting rid of onfocus="blurLink(this);

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Jan 18 00:38:56 CET 2006

tapio wrote:

>Ries van Twisk wrote:
>

>>klaus brinch wrote:
>>

>>>Hi
>>>

>>>I have gotten rid of the javascript but i still have this with alle my
>>>links: onfocus="blurLink(this)
>>>

>>See this page:
>>http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/TMENU/
>>and the noBlur option
>>
>>config.noBlur = 1 shoulds work aswell for the complete site.

it's a cosmetic thing.
When you click on a link then you see for a short time a dotted line
around the link (at least in IE)
This was 'before' CSS based markups on which you can set a
text-decoration:none;
So the designer added a little javascritp to remove the 'ugle' dotted
line when a user click the line.

Personally I never cared about it.... But some designers did, that's why
it was added.
Nowdays, like I said it can be solved with a CSS based design and the
java unblur can be removed completely,
or simply accept the dotted line for the small period.....

Can anybody confirm?

Ries