[TYPO3] [OT] Extract images from PDF

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Wed Jan 11 21:33:40 CET 2006

Hi everybody,

I know, it's a bit off topic, but maybe someone has an idea.  I need
to convert a couple of pdf-files into something usefull for T3.

Extracting the text is no problem, I use pdftotext for this.  But my
problem is to get the images.  There is a tool called pdfimages,
but the resulting files sometimes are very dark, others have a
wrong direction.

Does anybody know a tool for extracting images out of a pdf?  In the
end, this should be automated on our server.  The user shall be
able to upload a file and get the resulting files back.

Thanks,

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373