[TYPO3] different menus

B-worx info at bworx.be
Mon Jan 9 21:39:19 CET 2006

Hello Eduard,

I did a lot of reading and experiments, but it doesn't work. I know that
the problems affects to the person behind the pc (me) :-)

This is my code in my *template* (or it should look like this):

       <ul id="navlist">
       </ul>

    <ul id="navlist2">
    </ul>

All the styling is done trough CSS.

This is the code in the setup from the template:

# Menu 1 cObject
temp.navlist = HMENU
temp.navlist.entryLevel = 0
# First level menu-object, textual
temp.navlist.1 = TMENU
temp.navlist.1 {
# Normal state properties
NO.allWrap = <li> | </li>
# Enable active state and set properties:
ACT = 1
ACT.allWrap = <li> | </li>
}

# Menu 1 cObject
temp.navlist2 = HMENU
temp.navlist2.entryLevel = 1
# First level menu-object, textual
temp.navlist2.1 = TMENU
temp.navlist2.1 {
# Normal state properties
NO.allWrap = <li> | </li>
# Enable active state and set properties:
ACT = 1
ACT.allWrap = <li> | </li>
}

# Configuring the Auto-Parser for main template:
plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {
# Read the template file:
content = FILE
content.file = fileadmin/template/template.html
# Here we define which elements in the HTML that
# should be wrapped in subpart-comments:
elements {
BODY.all = 1
BODY.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_BODY
HEAD.all = 1
HEAD.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_HEADER
HEAD.rmTagSections = title
DIV.all = 1
UL.all = 1
}
# Prefix all relative paths with this value:
relPathPrefix = fileadmin/template/
}
#XHTML
page.config.doctype = xhtml_trans

# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the BODY
temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
# Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
# Select only the content between the <body>-tags
workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY
# Substitute the ###navlist### subpart with some example content:
subparts.navlist < temp.navlist
# Substitute the ###navlist2### subpart with some example content:
subparts.navlist2 < temp.navlist2
# Substitute the ###content### subpart with some example content:
subparts.content < styles.content.get
}
# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the HEAD
temp.headTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.headTemplate {
# Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
# Select only the content between the <head>-tags
workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_HEADER
}
# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <body>-section:
page.10 < temp.mainTemplate
# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <head>-section:
page.headerData.10 < temp.headTemplate

This is the test link: http://www.bworx.be/test/windvision/

Can you give me some advise?

Thanks a lot....

Bram

Eduard Renger wrote:

>As Tyler said: most of it is in the documentation. The part you need can
>be found here:
>http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_templselect/Creating_the_menu/
>(if you don't use Templa voila) and here:
>http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_ftb1/Creating_the_dynamic/
>if you do use templavoila.
>
>One addition to that is if you want two menus you define the entryLevel
>for each menu which is described here:
>http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/HMENU/ to
>tell Typo3 from which level onwards the menu should be displayed.
>
>Basically you setup two menu's with different identifiers either starting
>with temp. or lib. and follow the instructions you find in the above
>sections of the documentation.
>
>Cheers,
>Eduard
>On Sun, January 8, 2006 6:53 pm, B-worx said:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I'm just strating to learn working with Typo 3. I managed to get a
>>template working through the setup. My template has 2 different menus.
>>There is a menu at the top and a left menu. How can I get this working?
>>
>>Thanks a lot!
>>
>>Bram

B-WORX Webdesign & Development

Bram Janssens