[TYPO3] [Typo3] How large of website can typo3 handle?

Dennis Cheung hkdennis2k at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 02:20:47 CET 2006

I don't think the "menu" has any problem.

Nested Set Model need a sub-query for depth of the node. (typo3 still
not good working with mysql 4.1)
You must not interesting to all the childs and their offsprings.
Almost the compete pages table will be selected.

Menu is a "downward" selection. and you know how deep you want.
select ... where pid in(xxx,xxx)
It can be simpify "number of queries == number of deep", without any
nested code are also possible.

And common menu just one or two layers.
It is much faster then using Nested Set Model in case of a menubar.