[TYPO3] Multi-Language Newsletter

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Fri Jan 6 10:56:24 CET 2006

Hi Felix,

If you don't use the categories for your newsletters, you can use these
to register users to a certain language. We do this with our
newsletters. On the Direct mail subscription page we have in each
language a hidden field with the category, for instance English is
category 1, dutch is 2, french is 3 and spanish is 4. Visitors don't
have to choose the language. They have entered the subscription page by
selecting a certain language, so that's the language of the newsletters
we sent to the subscribers.

The page in which the newsletter is designed is only in one language,
and we add all content of all languages in this page. In the Direct Mail
module you can select which content element belongs to which
language/category.

It perfectly sends out newsletters in different languages.

Patrick Broens