[TYPO3] News categories tt_news

Hauke Haller haller at led-info.de
Thu Jan 5 17:27:32 CET 2006

Moin Martin

Martin Koch Andersen schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have two different news categories. I have created two sysfolders for
> placing the news of category A and category B.
>
> When creating news in sysfolder A, can I have the news linked to
> category A (relations) automatically, such that I don't have to select
> it belongs to category A.

Is it this what you are looking for?
from the fine tt_news manual:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tt_news/Configuration-1/

******

categorySelection
******

If you want to display only new with certain categories in a news content element that is inserted by TS, set the selection with "categorySelection".

Note: To make this work you'll also have to set the categoryMode to 1 (=show selected)

Example:
# this will only show  items with category 2 or 3
plugin.tt_news {
  categorySelection = 2,3
  # show only selected categories
  categoryMode = 1
}

******

pid_list
******

The page id (pid), or list of pids of the folder(s), where your news are stored in (also known as "Starting point"). If this value is not set, and the "Starting point" field in the news content-element is also empty, the current page is used.
Accepts multiple pids comma separated!

Example:
# clear the value
plugin.tt_news.pid_list >
# display news records located in page 582 & 584
plugin.tt_news.pid_list = 582,584

Note:
"Starting Point / pid_list" has nothing to do with the "Storage Pid" (General Record Storage page), which is used for news-categories).

*****

Hauke