[TYPO3] [Typo3] How large of website can typo3 handle?

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jan 4 23:57:00 CET 2006

On 01/04/2006 11:44 PM Ries van Twisk wrote:

> Also at some point page generation is going to be come a problem.
> - When you have 20.000 pages and page generation time is long (at my
> site +5 seconds) then indexing
> such a thing is a problem, for example by google etc... Means like that
> indixing this takes up a complete day to complete. (27 hours) saturating
> your server (I know google is smart and spread the load... but there is
> more then just google).

you can always use a proxy in front of your typo3, even on a single
server. Frontend output will then be lightning fast without producing
much load, if you don't have massive dynamic content. No problem with
googlebots, not even with slashdot, if you temporariliy disable search
and other non-cachable content while being under "attack"...

--
cheers,
Steffen