[TYPO3] Server - big enough (Athlon 1.2ghz)?

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Wed Jan 4 23:07:28 CET 2006

Stig,

On 1/4/06, Stig Nørgaard Færch <stig at 8620.dk> wrote:

> The problem is that it's not possible to add-in more memory in this
> offer from Hetzner.de (http://hetzner.de/preismatrix_dedi.html).
>
> Though more memory would be desirable, - is 256 insufficient?

The biggest problem with that offer that I see is not 256M memory, but
the 40GB drive and old processors. My bet would be that this is not a
new system, and as such your risk of hardware failure is a lot higher.

I would definitely spend 10 euro/mo more. Just imagine the hassle you
will have if you hit the hardware performance bottleneck and have to
migrate everything to a larger server and think of these 10 euro as of
insurance ;)

--
Dimitri Tarassenko