[TYPO3] tt_products, poor documentations, no support

Ali - saveez at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 4 19:06:39 CET 2006

> > (2) The example that the author provided could only generate the
> > products categories in the menu and not the products in each category (I
> > did try adding the 2nd and 3rd levels as it is given at the end line of
> > the TS example). If anyone manages this to work it would be good to have
> > a working example.
>
>The extension works only on one table at the time, thats right. The
>categories and its products are on two different tables, so the
>extention won't solve that problem. It seems that to do THAT you will
>need to write your own code, which you of course are welcome to share
>with us, when its ready! :) Or you might try to contact the tt_products
>author (Franz Holzinger) to provide some HMENU interface in tt_products
>directly, or the author of nsb_cat2menu to provide a way to go further
>than a single table, by also listing linked items from ANOTHER table
>(which might get ugly if you have products and sub-categories on the
>same level!)

Thanks for the useful message Ernesto. I just don't get one thing in here;
if nsb_cat2menu does not support items in a category or sub-categories, what
was the point of the author to put more levels in the menu as follows from
the example:

lib.nsbcat2menu.2 = TMENU
lib.nsbcat2menu.2 < lib.nsbcat2menu.1
lib.nsbcat2menu.3 = TMENU