[TYPO3] tt_products, poor documentations, no support

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jan 4 18:06:31 CET 2006

Ali - schrieb am 04.01.2006 14:40:

> As Franz mentioned earlier in this topic, the author of nsb_cat2menu
> posted an example for tt_products (see Franz's post for the address).
> There are a couple issues with that example:
>
> (1) First of all, the author asks to modify some class in tt_products.
> In the current version of tt_products, the class was exactly the same as
> what the author asked to be modified. This could either mean that
> tt_products authors made that change in their later releases or I was
> not able to get the difference. In each case, it is not a good idea to
> write a plugin which needs another plugin to be modified.

Yes, it seems that this change has already been incorporated into
tt_products.

> (2) The example that the author provided could only generate the
> products categories in the menu and not the products in each category (I
> did try adding the 2nd and 3rd levels as it is given at the end line of
> the TS example). If anyone manages this to work it would be good to have
> a working example.

The extension works only on one table at the time, thats right. The
categories and its products are on two different tables, so the
extention won't solve that problem. It seems that to do THAT you will
need to write your own code, which you of course are welcome to share
with us, when its ready! :) Or you might try to contact the tt_products
author (Franz Holzinger) to provide some HMENU interface in tt_products
directly, or the author of nsb_cat2menu to provide a way to go further
than a single table, by also listing linked items from ANOTHER table
(which might get ugly if you have products and sub-categories on the
same level!)

Cheers,
Ernesto