[TYPO3] [Typo3] How large of website can typo3 handle?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jan 4 17:49:49 CET 2006

Dennis Cheung schrieb am 04.01.2006 17:41:

> I wonder how large, how many pages, langauge it can handle?
>
> I see it do a recursive SQL read for page rootline and template.
> Will it has any problem when many pages and a lot of ext template?
>
> May be I ask in another way.
>
> If I did all performance and tweaking,
>   what else I can do / patch to get faster?
>   what should I don't may let it slower?

Make sure all your pages are being cached by TYPO3, by not using any
USER_INT or extentions that set no_cache. TypoScript will be cached, the
output will be cached. The rootline can be build pretty fast, even if
its 10 levels deep (which isn't very useful on a website anyway). And
the output will be cached, so any subsequent request will get the output
in as much as one DB-request (ok, there might be more, but its O(1),
doesn't depend on the amount of pages you have). If the pages are not
cached, it just depends on how deep your tree is, as far as I know.

Cheers,
Ernesto