[TYPO3] Server - big enough (Athlon 1.2ghz)?

Wilson, John C. JOHN.C.WILSON at saic.com
Wed Jan 4 15:22:15 CET 2006

I am not an expert on Typo3 performance issues but I do know a little about
web servers.  If you are running Linux, you should not run X.  Run at level
3 and only run the necessary services.  Also, download and install a php
accelerator add on.  I believe IonCube has one that is free.  This
suggestion will not guarantee that your installation will be sufficient to
handle the traffic load.  I am only giving you pointers that will maximize
your servers' ability.

John C. Wilson
Maximo Consultant
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
(281) 552-2745
john.c.wilson at saic.com