[TYPO3] tt_products, poor documentations, no support

Dom Stockdale dom at magic-lamp.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 22:48:56 CET 2006

Franz Holzinger wrote:
>>>- How is it possible to have products and product categories, as
>>>records, in a HMENU object?
>>>Having this feature as a standard part of the shopping system seems
>>>standard to me and it is odd that this feature is not built in the
>>>extension.

This isn't hard to do yourself if you want to and probably best if you
want to retain some real control over you menu items. I've not done it
with tt_products but I have often put together menus from links within
an extension using HMENU. It's very well supported in TypoScript so you
can do what you want but you do need to do a bit of coding.

Have a look at the section on special.userfunction in TSREF in the HMENU
section