[TYPO3] tt_products, poor documentations, no support

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jan 2 21:05:20 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz schrieb am 02.01.2006 18:40:

>>>Having this feature as a standard part of the shopping system seems
>>>standard to me and it is odd that this feature is not built in the
>>>extension.

> I think it would be very usefull to have such a feature, not only for shops. Let
> us call it a virtual subtree. The menu function would need to provide a hook.
> Somebody would need to write a library. Maybe it is already implemented and I
> don't know of it. Maybe it is not. Why don't you implement it yourself than of
> sponsor implementation?

There is the Extention "nsb_cat2menu", which does a thing similar to
that. It creates a HMENU out of a "category tree", which I think can be
used in combination with tt_product.

But "oh oh", it has no documentation! :) I think the author send some
example to this mailing list some months ago. And the included
ext_typoscript_setup.txt contains some example on how it could work, but
for the DAM categories. Just play around with it.

Cheers,
Ernesto