[TYPO3] Is ok using typo3 4.0 beta 3 ?

Dennis Cheung hkdennis2k at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 02:44:04 CET 2006


I suggest you hold your updates.

You can wait until TYPO3 4.0 release. Or using TYPO3 3.8.1.
There is no reason for a user rush to the latest beta/CVS version.
Unless you very trust the team has made great works, or you wanted to
help the deveoplment team testing.

Risk always exists.
One of the reson why beta call beta is:
  "We have already found some bugs and fixed/working on it. There may
unknown number of bugs out there, but we don't known because it is not
fully tested."


On 2/26/06, Francesco di Francia <darksky77 at email.it> wrote:
> Hallo,
> i'm starting to build my second site in typo3. It will be a little
> personal site, not a productive/commercial one.
> What's risk if i install the typo4 4.0 beta3 ? When the final 4.0 will
> be out i will be able to upgrade to it ( i know usually it's only a
> matter of changing the sim link to the source ) ?
> Can i have feedback by people are testing it ? There's a risk of
> occurring issues with system extensione and external extension ?
> By the way, will be released security fix for the 3.8.1 branch or the
> support will be only for 4.0 family ?
> Best regards,
> Francesco
> --
> Net Wargaming Italia - La risorsa italiana per gli appassionati di
> wargame e strategici a turni
> http://www.netwargamingitalia.net
> info at netwargamingitalia.net
> darksky at netwargamingitalia.net
> _______________________________________________
> TYPO3-english mailing list
> TYPO3-english at lists.netfielders.de
> http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english

More information about the TYPO3-english mailing list