[TYPO3] Unable to get the correct register: value!

Peter Klein peter at umloud.dk
Sun Feb 26 01:47:52 CET 2006

If you are using TV, you can try adding something like:

  50 = RESTORE_REGISTER

At the bottom of the TypoScript of your Templa1Voila template.

---
Peter Klein /Umloud Untd.

"Surer Dink" <surerlistmail at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.4410.1140907469.3122.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
Peter,
  I can assure you the menu code works and properly displays either
two or three menus on screen, depending on how many levels are there
(lib.menus.30.2 is not always visible).  Modifying the line:
  cObject.dataWrap = 100/{register:myCounter}
to read
  cObject.dataWrap = 100/{register:counter_menuItems}
rseults in a computed value in the header, however naturally the count
is taken from the wrong menu.
  This suggests to me that I am hitting either a bug or a feature of
templavoila - since you do not appear to be using it and are getting
the expected results.  It is evident that the LOAD_REGISTER construct
is not worknig as you expect it to.  This far, this experience has
driven me up the wall - since it's now 3 days and I still do not have
such a simple thing working.  (and you, amongst others, have
explicitly told me that the code I am showing is correct.)  Do you
have any suggestions for how I can proceed?  Is templavoila a piece of
crap and should I dump it now before it causes me more headache?  Or
am I just an idiot and using it wrong?