[TYPO3] Safari test browser for PC

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 07:35:41 CET 2006

On 2/24/06, Gregory Remington <greg at mediatech.net> wrote:
> Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> > I've just stumble on this browsercam Safari-only tester:
> >
> > http://snugtech.com/en/safaritest/
> >
> > Best of all, it's free.
> >
> > That can help few people...
>
> Great tool! Thank you.
>
> It's showing the same problem I'm experiencing with bullet lists in
> htmlarea for Safari on my MAC. I'm running Konqueror on Darwin KDE and
> Win XP (VPC) in MAC OS X simultaneously.
>
> What I don't understand is why Safari behaves so differently than
> Konqueror when it uses KHTML and KJS software from the KDE open source
> project. Konqueror appears to be a better browser than Safari.
>
> http://mediatech.net/images/screenshots/crossbrowser.jpg

Hi Greg,

This won't be much help since it's short on details, but I have
had--and solved--the same problem with Safari, but I can't remember
_what_ it was that set that <li> behaviour off. If nothing else, you
could surely solve it by using a background image for the list
bullets:

ul { padding-left:0; }
ul li { background:transparent url(path/to/li/image.gif) no-repeat 5px
5px; padding-left:2.5em; }

And, to possibly set you a little at ease, the newest version of
Safari is the most standards-compliant beast in the business [1].

-Christopher

[1] http://www.webstandards.org/buzz/archive/2005_11.html (search for 'acid 2')