[TYPO3] built-in search module

Piotr B. pjay at [cut-that-please]tlen.pl
Wed Feb 22 12:26:14 CET 2006

Tyler Kraft wrote:

> We still have rules as to how we would like users to conduct themselves.
>  Please read them on typo3.org.  You will find that many of the people
> here who hold the answers *wont* help you if you dont abide by the rules
> - newsgroup or not!

that's right, but his answer was unfair imo, considering i'm writing
same style to many more usenet groups and nobody complains.. anyway,
we're cool now? :)

>> you should answer _under_ my post?
> ummm he did.

hmm, your "under" must be above mine ;) but nevermind, eot ;)

> The opening in anew window is a setting in your template constants, easy
> to find where/how to change it and there are lots of posts about it in
> the list archives on typo3.org

but the list archives aren't working right now ;/ that's why i'm posting
;)

> results being inserted into the column - thats because the form is in
> that column.  What i tend to do is create the working search on a page
> in the certer column and then copy the html into my template (in your
> case the left column) and [...]
> [some info about indexed search]

thanks a lot!
tried your method - works fine, search results are displayed on the page
i want, searchbox is on every page, but.. plugin is not indexing my site
:( i've read indexed_search documentation, tried it step-by-step, and
nothing happened.. all pages on my site are cacheable, i've set
rootpages properly, checked all typoscript config for indexed_search -
nothing there... i've set the <!--TYPO3SEARCH--> markers properly, tried
to index pages while logged off from the BE - nothing happened.

right now - everything seems to look like it supposed to be, but nothing
is working :( any ideas?

greets

--
piotr b.