[TYPO3] real url and 404 error

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Tue Feb 7 19:47:29 CET 2006

Privet Dmitry!
Spasibo!

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Terve!
>
> (I used to live in Finland for a couple of years, wonderful country! But
> sadly I do not remember any other word :) )
>
> Katja Lampela wrote:
>
>>Sorry I wasn't clear and I actually didn't write it right: AllowOverride
>>All (I wrote allowAll); yes, I did that too (to the best of my
>>knowledge) and I did the localconf-changes. And it seems now that the
>>address is just like I want it to be, but it gives the 404-error.
>>
>>I think the manual was fine and I tried to do everything it told me to,
>>but sadly enough I don't understand lot about servers, apache and for
>>that matter about php either.
>

> You do not really have to. Let's check:
> - create a PHP file with the following content:
> 	<?php phpinfo(); ?>
>   and open it in browser. You should be able to find "mod_rewrite"
>   string (without quotes) on this page. If found, than mod_rewrite is
>   active

The phpinfo-file shows that mod_rewrite is indeed in the loaded modules
in apache2handler.

> - .htaccess (with dot as a first character) is in the root of your web
>   site and it contains Rewrite*directives

Yes .htaccess is in the root of the site and the last lines of it are:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^typo3$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^typo3/.*$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
RewriteRule .* index.php

> - realurl extension is installed (check in Tools>ExtManager)

Yes

> - your localconf.php includes realurl configuration (can you post it
>   here?)

The typo3conf/localconf.php file contains now:

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT']
= array (

       'init' => array (
            'enableCHashCache' => '1',
            'appendMissingSlash' => 'ifNotFile',
            'enableUrlDecodeCache' => '1',
            'enableUrlEncodeCache' => '1',
        ),
        'redirects' => array (
        ),
        'preVars' => array (
            '0' => array (
                'GETvar' => 'no_cache',
                'valueMap' => array (
                    'no_cache' => '1',
                ),
                'noMatch' => 'bypass',
            ),
            '1' => array (
                'GETvar' => 'L',
                'valueMap' => array (
                    'en' => '2',
                    'de' => '1',
                ),
                'noMatch' => 'bypass',
            ),
        ),
     'pagePath' => array(
         'type' => 'user',
         'userFunc' =>
'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl_advanced.php:&tx_realurl_advanced->main',
         'spaceCharacter' => '-',
         'languageGetVar' => 'L',
         'expireDays' => 3
     ),

);

> - you clicked "Clear typo3conf cache" link in the BE (left pane, at the
>   bottom)

Yes, this I've done numerous time.

This is my first try to install the realURL extension. Maybe there's
some other extension messing it's function, next I maybe try to
uninstall them one by one.

Anyway, I'm really grateful for your help. And BTW I love St.Petersburg
and Russia:)

Paka!