[TYPO3] real url and 404 error

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Tue Feb 7 18:59:17 CET 2006

Terve!

(I used to live in Finland for a couple of years, wonderful country! But
sadly I do not remember any other word :) )

Katja Lampela wrote:
> Sorry I wasn't clear and I actually didn't write it right: AllowOverride
> All (I wrote allowAll); yes, I did that too (to the best of my
> knowledge) and I did the localconf-changes. And it seems now that the
> address is just like I want it to be, but it gives the 404-error.
>
> I think the manual was fine and I tried to do everything it told me to,
> but sadly enough I don't understand lot about servers, apache and for
> that matter about php either.

You do not really have to. Let's check:
- create a PHP file with the following content:
	<?php phpinfo(); ?>
  and open it in browser. You should be able to find "mod_rewrite"
  string (without quotes) on this page. If found, than mod_rewrite is
  active
- .htaccess (with dot as a first character) is in the root of your web
  site and it contains Rewrite*directives
- realurl extension is installed (check in Tools>ExtManager)
- your localconf.php includes realurl configuration (can you post it
  here?)
- you clicked "Clear typo3conf cache" link in the BE (left pane, at the
  bottom)

> The site is in http://www.millakeskipoikela.net (strongly under
> construction:).

I like it :) Looks very promising.