[TYPO3] real url and 404 error

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Tue Feb 7 17:08:06 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Katja Lampela wrote:
>
>>I installed realurl and changed the .htaccess-file and the
>>localconf.php. Now I have the addresses look fine but they don't
>>actually work: I get the 404 Url not found on this server error.
>>
>>I've also tried to enable mod_rewrite and allowAll in the httpd.conf and
>>my htaccess-file looks like:
>

> Did you enable .htaccess in server configuration ("AllowOverride All")?
> Did you provide realurl configuration as described in realurl manual
> (just typoscript is not enough!)?
>
> Dmitry.

Thank you for your quick answer.
Sorry I wasn't clear and I actually didn't write it right: AllowOverride
All (I wrote allowAll); yes, I did that too (to the best of my
knowledge) and I did the localconf-changes. And it seems now that the
address is just like I want it to be, but it gives the 404-error.

I think the manual was fine and I tried to do everything it told me to,
but sadly enough I don't understand lot about servers, apache and for
that matter about php either.

Now my main concern is if the problem is in the server configuration or
in typo3-configuration. (--sorry if i'm repeating myself)

The site is in http://www.millakeskipoikela.net (strongly under
construction:).
Katja