[TYPO3] // Show disable RTE checkbox

S. Teuber traveler_in_time at gmx.net
Mon Feb 6 02:32:42 CET 2006

Hi tapio,

>> Yes, of course. The TCA-Options which are set in the core can be
>> over-... uhm. overrided? - can be altered by any extension. TCA
>> options that are set in an extension
>
> That means altering the source code of some extension ext_tables.php,
> if I rememember correct. I know that possibility.

No. Dude. Read carefully.

As long as *your own* TCA-altering extension is included *after* every
other extension, you can alter *any* TCA entry *without* modifying any
extensions code but your own.

It's not that hard to understand if you follow the instructions I gave in
my last posting. Create your own extension, put the following lines in
ext_tables.php

loadTCA('tt_content');
debug($TCA['tt_content']);

and search for the key/value pairs you want to override. Of course this
will work not only for tt_content, but any other database table that is
configured in the TCA.

>> The other box, which is located *beneath* the form, just below the
>> option "Show field descriptions", is a completly different story, I
>> guess...
>
> I mean *that* checkbox - I made for it TypoScript. That checkbox
> doesn't belong at all to TCA - it is rendered by a function, which

Yep, just as I thought.

> renders the bottom of the view. It seems that I made correct decision
> putting for that extra condition and extended TypoScript in TS Config
> for users/user groups.

Yes, since it's not in the TCA, the mthod above won't work and you need
to come up with another solution.

>>>if that can be done using TypoScript could you give the script?
>> For the field that's located in the actual form, it can be done by
>> PHP in the ext_localconf.php file of any extension.
>
> TCA-related setting are AFAIK in ext_tables.php or in tca.php files.

Yes, ext_tables.php. Sorry for the confusion.

Cya,

Sven