[TYPO3] Extracting the second UID from the rootline

Joerg Wagner - DigiLog multimedia usenet at digilog.de
Sun Feb 5 15:01:45 CET 2006

Further testing revealed that
   10 = HMENU
   10.special = directory
   10.special.value = {first UID in rootline}
does not do the trick, as  special = directory  also renders siblings of the
topmost menuitem.

But here is the solution to my problem:

  10 = COA
  10{
      #first level - only the chosen topic from the top menu
      10 = HMENU
      10.special = rootline
      10.special.range = 0|1

      10.1 = GMENU
      10.1{
          NO ...
          ACT ...
          RO ...
          }
      }
      #second level - menu branch below the chosen first level topic
      11 = HMENU
      11.entryLevel = 2
      11.1 = GMENU
      11.1 < .10.1
      11.2 < .10.1
      11.3 < .10.1
   }

This results in my needed output:

    MenuitemA
         SubmenuitemA1
             SubmenuitemA1a
             SubmenuitemA1b
         SubmenuitemA2

Short explanation:

      10 = HMENU
      10.special = rootline
      10.special.range = 0|1
just renders the topmost item from the rootline (MenuitemA) without any
siblings.

      11 = HMENU
      11.entryLevel = 2
renders all subsequent menu items below the top one (SubmenuitemA1 with
siblings and children).

These two objects could actually be defined directly as children of the page
object, but I put them together in a COBJ_ARRAY  (10 = COA)  so I could pass
them on to one TemplaVoila mapping element.

Thanks again for your efforts!
--
Jörg Wagner
DigiLog multimedia