[TYPO3] static menu images not appearing in typo3temp/menu

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 18:09:41 CET 2006

On 2/1/06, Dylan Barwick <info at tiptoptoons.com> wrote:
> Hmmm, that's interesting...
>
> I changed the path to ImageMagick in the localconf.php file to the
> value recommended by the ISP ('/usr/bin/') and nothing changed.
> However, when I turned ImageMagick off ($TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im'] =
> 0;) the images still don't show but the image sizes are now correct. It
> still doesn't generate images from the originals but it does at least
> recognise them and can get their dimensions.
>
> This is certainly progress but not much.
>
> Is there a way to force typo3 to use the original images from the
> 'fileadmin/template/client01/about/' directory?
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Yes: get Imagemagick working. Start with the install tool tests
('Image processing') using the path your host suggested. If they don't
work at all, you should take up the question with your host
directly--because it likely means something necessary is absent or
disabled in your server environment.

Failing all of this, visit typo3.sunsite.dk to download static
executable binaries of Imagemagick or (better!) Graphicsmagick.

-Christopher