[TYPO3] Problem with setting default language

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Sat Dec 16 12:54:11 CET 2006

Karsten Stanley Andersen wrote:
> Hi. I'm a newbie when it comes to Typo3 and to this list, so please bear
> with me. Well, so far I have managed to solve most problems with patience
> and hard work. However, there is one problem I simply can't seem to do
> anything about. I'm creating a Danish language site, but I cannot make it
> show anything in Danish. Days, months, plugin labels, etc.... it's all in
> English. Naturally, I did install the Danish language pack and I did set
> Danish to be the default language in the global settings and everywhere
> else
> that I could think of.
>
> One thing that may be a clue is that when I go to the user setup to change
> the backend language to Danish, it tells me that it's not available and
> that
> I have to install the Danish language pack. But I did do that! I even
> removed it and installed it again several times. It says in the list of
> extensions that it's there and that it's running. Did it not install
> properly somehow and how do I find out? I searched high and low for any
> information in the past weeks, to no avail.
>
> I'm using Typo3 v. 4.0.2 with TemplaVoila.

AFAIR since TYPO3 v 4.0 the language pack are obsolete.

Instead of that you need to go to ext. manager. From dropdown list select "Translation handling"
and get the language you need.

--
grtz
Krystian