[TYPO3] Problem with setting default language

Karsten Stanley Andersen cosmic_kid at greasylake.org
Sat Dec 16 12:03:56 CET 2006

Hi. I'm a newbie when it comes to Typo3 and to this list, so please bear
with me. Well, so far I have managed to solve most problems with patience
and hard work. However, there is one problem I simply can't seem to do
anything about. I'm creating a Danish language site, but I cannot make it
show anything in Danish. Days, months, plugin labels, etc.... it's all in
English. Naturally, I did install the Danish language pack and I did set
Danish to be the default language in the global settings and everywhere else
that I could think of.

One thing that may be a clue is that when I go to the user setup to change
the backend language to Danish, it tells me that it's not available and that
I have to install the Danish language pack. But I did do that! I even
removed it and installed it again several times. It says in the list of
extensions that it's there and that it's running. Did it not install
properly somehow and how do I find out? I searched high and low for any
information in the past weeks, to no avail.

I'm using Typo3 v. 4.0.2 with TemplaVoila.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Karsten