[TYPO3] spam protect/jumpurl

Chris Paige system at chrispaige.info
Wed Dec 13 18:58:40 CET 2006

Well folks, I know nothing is perfect.  But I'm looking for a non-javascript
solution that is better than a completely unobscured email address (which is
my other non-javascript option for a mailto: right now).   My sites are not
going to have huge traffic or be intense targets of spambots, but I would
like to offer users connected to my clients some level of basic
spambot-avoidance to at least put a dent in email harvesting from my sites.

spamProtectEmailAddresses=ascii does not work with tidy, which I need for
other reasons.  So it is of no use to me.

jumpurl=mailto%3Ausername%40domain.com  Moves the mailto behind an http://
reference which should help some.  And they would not be able to do a simple
search on @, since that would be obscured.

jumpurl=mailto&jumpuname=username&jumpdname=domain.com  would not lead to a
garden variety mailto link.  It would offer the mailto link as a destination
in the header as a redirect.

AND not all spambots follow links anymore (they work off Google/Yahoo and
such), because of the risk of spamtraps when they follow links).  So moving
it into the jumpurl feature should offer some hinderance.

Chris

P.S. I'm not talking about spam traps and robots.txt so forth (though that
would be an interesting extension project for someone with more time and
expertise than I have... imagine if TYPO3 sites were known for how easily we
could implementing sophisticated spamtraps and robot filtering? )