[TYPO3] spam protect/jumpurl

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 18:10:00 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/13/06, Martin Kutschker <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> wrote:
> Chris Paige schrieb:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I had been using spamProtectEmailAddresses=ascii, which was very cool.
>
> Who do you think you are fooling? Only the most dumb grabber cannot
> translate HTML entities (which BTW are NOT ASCII but Unicode codepoints).
>
> Using jumpurls as described in the provided link looks odd, but is probably
> the most safe solution.

Where do you see the benefit? Maybe I'm missing something, but the
/destination/ page of the jump url has a garden-variety mailto link on
it and there's nothing to stop a spam harverster from following the
initial link to get to it.

The strategies listed (robots.txt etc) listed at the end of the linked
page are not going to be particularly effective without a /lot/ of
additional work (i.e. identifying and blocking robots and ip ranges
not published on the robotstxt website)...

--
Christopher Torgalson