[TYPO3] How to use Chinese characters in GMENU

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Tue Dec 12 21:02:35 CET 2006

Peter Klein schrieb:
> Thanks for the replies..
> It was just the font I was using that wasn't encoded right.. Using a
> different font fixed the problem.
> The only thing that still doesn't work is RealURL on the pages with chinese
> names..

What do you expect it to do?

Real URL tries to use ASCII only URLs so this is a big problem for
Chinese. What you could do is to use Real URL segment pathes for each page.

Or you could hack Real URL and switch to UTF8-URLs. Nithing is wrong
with UTF8 in a URL. But it could be that Google doesn't like it, but who
knows and f** Google if it isn't fit for Chinese ;-)

Masi