[TYPO3] Number of records in a news Category

Hariprasad hari at srijan.in
Fri Dec 8 04:22:47 CET 2006

Hi All,

I would like to know, if there is some way I Could display the number of
active records in particular category in the tt_news plugin.

Let me explain my case:

My client wants a tt_news plugin that contains 7 different categories,
with quite a few records under each category. Now he wants that on the
News Category listing page, the number of active records( hidden records
should not be counted) needs to be displayed next to each category title.

Please let me know how can I achieve this, and in case you need further
information,please let me know.

Hari.