[TYPO3] Typo3 problem solved: Create "admin" user does not create a user in DB.

Tero Niemi talamus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 04:15:45 CET 2006

(about: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4614 )

A) There was no way telling that MySQL was the problem. There was no
error messages anywhere. Deduction required code digging.

C) Mailing list archive "mirror" (or should I call it the original?)
had tons of similar installation problems but no answer. For example
this is definitely the same problem (happening a year ago):
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-install/2005-December/000065.html
Notice the no answer bit.

About the solution:

We all agree that the INSTALL.TXT should mention ALL software
requirements and depencies, don't we? Perhaps it should even mention
the PHP 5.2.0 issue there? At least until it is fixed...

Another question:

Is there a reason why typo3 does not have an official forum like all
the rest of the open source CMSes? Something that would keep
conversations in context a bit more than a mere mailing list? (Don't
say that I should change my email client. You know that is not the
problem.)

Tero